Our first Mod 1 for the Rainbow Advocate & Educator program was a great success! We had over 30 people in attendance, and I personally have never seen so much engagement in a mod class before now! As someone who helped create the curriculum, I was anxious to see if we could hold the attention of everyone throughout the duration – Zoom class settings can be arduous. Nevertheless, after 3 jam-packed, informational days, we established all of our first mod 1 attendees as Certified Rainbow Advocates and Educators.
What does that mean?
Our certified RAEs now have the knowledge, the compassion, and the desire to meet with, provide treatment for, and maintain meaningful relationships with people who identify as belonging to the LGBTQIA2+ community. They have learned proper verbiage and terminology (what to say vs. what NOT to say), they have discussed various differences and adversities that exist within the community, and they are aware that they are now a part of a very elite group of professionals that want to make a difference.
What did they receive for completing the course?
Upon completion of mod 1, attendees are rewarded with the following benefits:
- Receive a Certificate of Completion with the Rainbow Advocate Continuing Education (CE) awarded, Rainbow Logo, and RAE Credential
- Subscribe to the Rainbow Advocate ListServ to exchange valuable tips, business referrals, and information from other RAE/RACS members
- Become listed and searchable as a RAE or RACS on the Rainbow Program website directory
- Receive information for upcoming trainings and business marketing opportunities
- 21 continuing education credits that work with the Approved Continuing Education Providers found HERE.
When is the next Mod 1?
The next opportunity to take our RAE mod 1 is coming up, February 24 – 26, 2022. You can register online HERE.
Who can sign up for your course?
For mod 1, anyone and everyone! Literally! We want everyone to have the opportunity to learn and grow with us, and to bring the best inclusive service to their customers and clients.
Mod 2, however, is only for licensed or interned clinical professionals. Please reach out to [email protected] for more information!
We look forward to our next class, and I can’t wait to share each and every one of our Certified Rainbow Advocate & Educators with the world!